300 Hour Professional Yoga Teacher Training
Advance your Teaching Skills and Deepen Your Knowledge of Yoga
The SOYA 300 hour Professional Yoga Teacher is an Upgrade training from the RYT 200 Foundational to RYT 500 Professional. This program is so rich! We will build on the foundation you received in your 200 hour training and take you on a journey with advanced pranayama, asana, meditation, mudra, and mantra. We are here to enhance your teaching skills while diving into the magic of the philosophy! With our SOYA 500 hour certificate you can become a Full Teaching Member of the International Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) without doing their exams.
SOYA’s Training Philosophy
Study the history and philosophy of yoga paths, including Jnana, Bhakti, Raja, Karma and Hatha. Studies include the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, The Upanishads, Chakras, Koshas, Mudras, Mantras, Pranayama, Meditation and Anatomy.
Become firmly grounded in daily practice and leadership of kriya, asana, pranayama, and meditation. Every day is filled with traditional yoga practices as you learn to take your yoga off the mat and into your every day life.
Enhance and expand your teaching skills in a safe and supportive setting. Create and plan themes for private sessions, workshops and retreats as you journey into the deeper practices of yoga. On-going support is provided.
300 Hour Professional Yoga Teacher Training: 3 Areas of Focus
The Subtle Anatomy of Yoga: Advanced Energetic Techniques
- Chakras, Granthis, Koshas, Lokas and Vayus
- Explorations in Advanced Pranayama
- Svara Yoga: The Science of Breath
- Hand and Body Mudras: Energetic Seals
- Mantras: Words of Power
- De-mystifying Sacred Sanskrit
- Personal Energy Management and Self Care
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika: A path to Enlightenment
- Mythology of Yoga
- Understanding Karma and Reincarnation
- Bridging teachings from The Bhagavad Gita and The Yoga Sutras and integrating them into Modern Times
Advancing Teaching Skills: Sequencing, Themes, Voice and Body Language
- Principles of Safe, Creative Sequencing
- Language and The Power of your Voice
- Creating Sacred Space in Home and Studio
- The Magic of Verbal Cues, Demonstrations, Yoga Props and Light Assists
- Anatomy of Movement: Stretch and Strength
- Anatomy Based Sequencing to Peak Poses
- Leading Pranayama, Meditation and Mantras
- Building Themes into Yoga Classes
- Creating and Planning Private Sessions, Workshops and Retreats
- Finding your Market Niche
Making Yoga Inclusive For All: Adapting Yoga for Every Body
- Trauma Sensitivity in Yoga
- Consent Based Yoga and Light Assists
- Common Misalignments: Refining Observation Skills
- Teaching Specialty Classes: Chair Yoga, Seniors Yoga, Yoga for the Office, Yoga in Schools, Restorative, Prenatal, etc.
- Seva or Service to Others: Impacting Karma and Reincarnation
- Ayurveda: The Science of the Doshas
- The Upanishads: Gems from the Vedas
Sample Day in the Training
- 7:00am morning Kriyas, Meditation, Mantra and Pranayama
- 8:30am Asana class
- 10:00am Philosophy Studies
- 12:00pm Lunch
- 12:30pm Practical Sessions on Teaching skills
- 5:00pm Pranayama, Meditation, Chanting, Mantra
- 6:00pm close for the day
Each module includes Online Philosophy Lessons to complete on your own time prior to each meeting: Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Upanishads, Karma/Reincarnation, Koshas, Anatomy, Mythology, Mantra, Mudras, and Advanced Pranayama. Each lesson takes approximately 2-4 hours to complete.
registration and information
300 Hour Professional Yoga Teacher Training Programs
We are here to enhance your teaching skills while diving into the magic of the philosophy! For details and rates please select your yoga training program below. Modules can be taken in any order.
Enhance Your Yoga Life With SOYA’s Traditional Yoga Teaching Programs
Questions? Please reach out for clarification about these in-depth, authentic yoga teacher trainings. They are rich, fun, and life-changing.
registration and information
Online Yoga Teacher Training Programs
SOYA’s Online Training is an excellent choice for those who cannot get away from home but crave to learn and teach the deeper aspects of yoga. The program gives you time to learn more gradually and put the studies into practice before the next session. SOYA’s curriculum will help you to excel at your yoga teaching and your yoga lifestyle. For details and rates please select your yoga training program below. 300 hour modules can be taken in any order.