FIVE REASONS WHY I LOVE TEACHING YOGA
By Cindy Szekely, E-RYT500, SOYA
After completing my 500 hour yoga teacher training with SOYA, and gaining my E-RYT500 (experienced Registered Yoga Teacher) in 2009, I was invited by SOYA to co-lead the teacher training program in Prince George.
In this venue I was able to find my own voice to share these teachings with others. Every question a student asked took me deeper into my own understanding of what these philosophical concepts meant to me personally. Every individual student taught me more about how I would adapt an asana for their specific situation. All the techniques and concepts I had been taught were becoming integrated more deeply by being a teacher of teachers. This has been a very rewarding path in my life.
So, here are my 5 top reasons why I love Teaching Yoga for SOYA’s Extended 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
- SOYA’s curriculum takes you way beyond yoga asana or the physical postures. The teachings are rich, thought provoking, and life changing
- SOYA really does encourage each new teacher to find their authentic self. We give you the tools so that you can make the practice your own. No two teachers look the same!!
- Completing the training over 4 months gives you more time to integrate the teachings. Offering the training on weekends makes this training accessible for people who are working and unable to take extended periods of time off.
- Students complete the training with the ability and confidence to start teaching right away. You will create six lesson plans that you can use to teach a beginner yoga series!!
- As a lead trainer I continue to learn and grow with each new group as they begin their journey to becoming a competent, unique, yoga teachers. So grateful!!
Cindy Szekely is SOYA E-RYT500 who has focused on learning Yoga Therapy and deeper studies in Chakras. She is a lead trainer for SOYA teacher training in Prince George.